KETO GREEK BURGERS
Ingredients (makes 8 burgers):
2 lbs ground lamb (or, sub beef, chicken or turkey)
1/2 cup fresh parsley – finely chopped
1/2 cup red onion – finely diced
2 cloves garlic – minced
1/2 green bell pepper – finely diced
1 tsp dry mint
1 tsp dry oregano
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
kosher salt and pepper
avocado oil – to drizzle overtop of each burger
whole30-compliant mayo or aioli (see saved stories in @primal_gourmet bio for basic mayo)
diced red onion
whole30 compliant pickles
pitted kalamata olives.
1. Add everything except for the avocado oil, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix well. Tip: use your hands – it’s easier.
2. Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts – approximately 1/4lbs each.
3. Form into patties, drizzle both sides with a bit of avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat grill or grill pan to med-high heat. Grill burgers approximately 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked to your preference.
5. Transfer burgers to a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
6. Cut iceberg lettuce into wedges and prepare toppings.
7. Arrange each burger individually or serve everything as a buffet so that family/friends can build their own.